[News: Seeking for technical staffs (a few positions available)]
We are currently seeking for a research assistant, and a few part-time positions. If you are interested, please contact us. In particular, we are looking for staff(s) who manage and operate a Linux computer servers (2020/06/05).
(1) Would you like to join us?
Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in what we research or would like to research with us. For example, if you are a student, you can experience cutting-edge researches as a part-time research assistant.
(2) Basic Preferences for the Candidate
- Honest and Sincere: This is the minimum requirement to work together.
- Be Win-Win: The most fruitful solutions will be considered for both of us.
- Having Concrete Purpose(s): Joining a laboratory is a means, not an end. I will always ask you why you would like to join, and what you would like to do.
(3) Opportunity: Study as Student/Researcher
- Undergraduate Students: You can participate in our laboratory seminar. Also, if you have data processing skills, you can work as part-time.
- Graduation Research: We accept two students from Information Engineering Course, Faculty of Engineering, Chiba University.
- Master’s/Doctoral Research: You need to belong to Environmental Remote Sensing Research Center (CEReS) of Chiba University. You must pass the entrance examination of CEReS in August.
- If you are a student of Chiba University, you can take the exam from any faculties (e.g. the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Science )
- Master’s/Doctoral studies from other universities: We of course welcome you; please contact us asap. We will ask about your: (1) career plan, (2) ggeneral knowledge, (3) programming skills, and (4) you proposal for master-course research.
- Postdoc/Research Assistant: JSPS Ph.D. are always welcomed. We may be able to hire postdoctoral fellow(s) or assistant professor(s), depending on budget and projects. If you are interested, please contact us.
(4) Opportunity: Research as a part-time job
- Undergraduate students: You can work part-time related to data processing in the laboratory.
- Graduate students: Part-time jobs for data processing and research assistance may be available. If it has something to do with your own research, it is the most ideal case. The doctoral students can also consult on how to write a dissertation.
(5) Research Theme (keyword)
- Of course, we are focusing on ongoing research projects; but we can set a wide range of research themes.
- Earth Science: weather forecast, meteorology, hydrology, water resources, satellites data analysis, climate change/global warming, disaster prevention, radioactive dynamics
- Mathematical Science: data assimilation, mathematical models (city formation, infectious diseases), dynamical modeling (weather, hydrology, etc.)
- Data Science: machine learning, deep learning, reinforced learning, artificial intelligence (AI)
- Humanities: archeology, history, philosophy, philosophy of science, well-being
(6) Strengths of our Laboratory, and Requirements
- The professor is young, energetic and positive (self-rated).
- Thankfully, we have connections with talented/active researchers. We will provide attractive theme(s) according to your interests. Also, you can participate in discussions/meetings with collaborators.
- It doesn’t matter whether you are excellent or not, but I only hope that you can agree with the basic principles of the laboratory; being motivated, positive and respectful others. See the mission statement.
- We would like to provide as many opportunities as possible to motivated students and researchers.