[News: We're not recruiting at the moment]
We are currently seeking for a postdoctoral researcher. If you are interested, please contact us (2022/06/08). We are currently seeking for a postdoctoral researcher. If you are interested, please contact us (2022/03/23). We are currently seeking for a postdoctoral researcher. If you are interested, please contact us (2021/12/28). We are currently seeking for a postdoctoral researcher. If you are interested, please contact us (2021/06/01). We are currently seeking for a research assistant, and a few part-time positions. If you are interested, please contact us. In particular, we are looking for staff(s) who manage and operate a Linux computer servers (2020/06/05).
If you have any inquiries or concerns regarding recruitment information and format etc., please contact Prof. Kotsuki.
(1) Would you like to join us?
Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in what we do and would like to research with us.
(2) Basic preferences for the candidate
- Honesty and Sincerity: The basic requirements to work together.
- A Win-Win Relationship: Always finding a mutually beneficial solution for both of us.
- Having Concrete Purpose(s): Joining our laboratory is just a means, not an end. I will ask you the reason why you would like to join us, and what you would like to accomplish in our laboratory.
(3) Opportunity: Studying as a student/researcher
- Undergraduate Students: You can participate in our laboratory seminar.
- Graduation Research: We accept two students from the Information Engineering Course, Faculty of Engineering, Chiba University.
- Master's/Doctoral Research: You must belong to the Environmental Remote Sensing Research Center (CEReS) of Chiba University. You are required to pass the entrance examination of CEReS in August.
- Existing students of Chiba University: You can take the exam from any faculty (e.g. the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Science).
- Master's/Doctoral students from other universities: We of course welcome you; please contact us asap. We will ask about your: (1) career plan, (2) general knowledge, (3) programming skills, and (4) your proposal for master-course research.
- Postdoc/Research Assistant: JSPS Ph.D. are always welcomed. We may be able to hire postdoctoral fellow(s) or assistant professor(s), depending on our budget and projects. If you are interested, please contact us.
(4) Opportunity: Working as a part-time researcher
- Part-time jobs for data processing and research assistance may be available. If the content of your work has something to do with your own research, it would be the most ideal. The doctoral students can also consult on how to write a dissertation.
(5) Research theme (keyword)
- Of course, we are focusing on ongoing research projects; but we can set a wide range of research themes.
- Earth Science: weather forecast, meteorology, hydrology, water resources, satellites data analysis, climate change/global warming, disaster prevention, and radioactive dynamics.
- Mathematical Science: data assimilation, mathematical models (city formation, infectious diseases), and dynamical modeling (weather, hydrology, etc.).
- Data Science: machine learning, deep learning, reinforced learning, and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Humanities: archeology, history, philosophy, philosophy of science, and well-being.
(6) Strengths of our laboratory, and requirements
- The professor is young, energetic, and positive (self-rated).
- Thankfully, we have connections with talented/active researchers. We will provide attractive theme(s) according to your interests. Also, you can participate in discussions/meetings with our collaborators.
- We value more on your motivation, positive attitude, integrity, and mutual respect over your ability or smartness. Please read our mission statement.
- We would like to provide as many opportunities as possible to motivate students and researchers.